ASNE Minority Leadership Institute
Date(s): June 23, 2013 - June 24, 2013
Time: All Day
The Institute is open to ASNE member organizations only and will provide leadership and management training to 15 mid-level editors and business executives from news organizations around the country. Candidates must apply to the Institute to be considered.
A day-and-a-half program, the Institute is tailored to address the most pressing issues for leaders and the basic skills needed to lead and drive change. Because of a generous donation from the American Press Institute, most expenses for the Institute are covered. Participants will be reimbursed for travel and hotel fees and most meals.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "ASNE Minority Leadership Institute application" and include the following:
- A resume
- A 300-word essay describing the leadership role you play in your organization, including day-to-day managerial duties and why you would benefit from the Institute
- A nomination letter from your supervisor (you must be employed by a news or media organization to be considered)
Applications are due by May 10.
Sunday, June 23
- 8:30 – 9 a.m. | Why Now and Why You? Hosted by Susan Goldberg and David Boardman.
- 9 – 10:15 a.m. | Foundational Leadership and Personal Growth. Hosted by Jill Geisler.
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 360° Feedback. Hosted by Jill Geisler.
- 12:30 – 1:15 p.m. | Lunch. Featuring a Q&A session on collaborative leadership.
- 1:15 – 2:30 p.m. | The CEO Perspective. Details coming soon.
- 2:45 – 4 p.m. | Getting the Best From Others. Details coming soon.
Monday, June 24
- 8:30 – 9:45 a.m. | Strategy and Innovation. Details coming soon.
- 10 – 11 a.m. | Leadership in Times of Increased Diversity. Details coming soon.
- 11 a.m. – noon | Moving Forward. Hosted by Jill Geisler.
View All Events On This Date