Our theme: ASNE/APME 2014: Fast Forward
We will begin at 1 p.m. CDT Monday, Sept. 15, and conclude about 3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 17.
In between, we will present lively and topical conference sessions that will explore key issues newsroom leaders are tackling; showcase innovations; and provide practical takeaways in such areas as improving content on mobile, increasing audience engagement and reach, and developing partnerships for greater impact.
- We will celebrate winners of the ASNE Awards and APME Journalism Excellence awards at a special lunch Tuesday. On Wednesday, we will meet again for lunch with a keynote speaker. Tickets to both lunches can be purchased when you register.
- We'll party together Monday night at the opening reception and auction at the historic Tribune Tower, sponsored by Tribune Content Agency and the Chicago Tribune. The silent and live auctions will offer sports tickets, vacation retreats, jewelry, autographed books and more.
We'll offer two entertainment events Tuesday night:
- Cruise the Chicago River and enjoy the beautiful skyline at a reception on the Mystic Blue, sponsored by the Illinois Press Association and Illinois Associated Press Media Editors.
- Or take in a baseball game and see the Chicago Cubs play the Cincinnati Reds at Wrigley Field with a group of editors (SOLD OUT).
We are working on organizing some pre-conference Monday-morning workshops and some post-conference Thursday works
Register now: The registration fee is $250 for members of ASNE and APME and $350 for nonmembers. There are special rates for retired editors, spouses, students and APME's Regents. Click here to register.
- $200 for retiree members
- $100 for spouses
- $50 for students
- $30 each for luncheon tickets
- $40 each for Tuesday night baseball game (SOLD OUT)
- $30 each for Tuesday night river cruise
Book your hotel room: A block of rooms are reserved at the Hyatt Regency until Aug. 29 for only $189/night. Make a reservation online, or call the hotel directly at 312-565-1234 and mention the block of rooms reserved for ASNE and APME.
Monday, Sept. 15 - Wednesday, Sept. 17
Make a hotel reservation online, or call the hotel directly at 312-565-1234 and mention the block of rooms reserved for ASNE and APME at the group rate of $189/night.