The ASNE Opinion Journalism committee strives to serve those who practice, supervise, study, or seriously aspire to doing fact-based commentary journalism.
The Masthead 2017
- Saving the dying editorial role
- One columnist’s take on fallout from the election has him urging both retaining some fundamentals, dropping one that no longer works nationally, and more...
- Thanking letter writers
- How some papers do it each year. With visual example.
- Editing cartoons?
- What some editors said about this concept.
- Headlines some would like to see
- Annual tradition at some newspapers can be fun, help set an editorial agenda, provide material in slow, shorter-staffed holiday weeks. With visual examples.
- Help the sun shine locally this year
- There’s plenty of red meat to go after in the nation’s capital, but the obvious target is not always the best target. This Sunshine Week, consider focusing on local and state governments.
All Masthead 2017 articles, new and old, can be found here.