- Debra Adams Simmons,
Advance Local, Cleveland, Ohio
- Lucy Dalglish, Philip Merril College of Journalism, University of Maryland
- Manny Garcia, USA TODAY NETWORK, Florida
- Anders Gyllenhaal, McClatchy Washington Bureau
- Mandy Jenkins, Storyful
- Brian McGrory, The Boston Globe, Massachussetts
- Karen Magnuson, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, New York
- Michael Oreskes, NPR, Washington, D.C.
- Chris Peck, The Riverton Ranger, Wyoming
- Karen Peterson, The News Tribune, Tacoma, Washington
- Emily Ramshaw, The Texas Tribune, Austin, Texas
- Mark Russell, The Memphis Commercial Appeal, Tennessee
- Rene Sanchez, Minneapolis Star Tribune, Minnesota
- George Stanley, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Wisconsin
- Joyce Terhaar, The Sacramento Bee, California
- Robyn Tomlin, The Dallas Morning News, Texas
- Lauren Williams, Vox.com, Washington, D.C.
- Anne Vasquez, tronc Inc., Chicago
How the board is selected
The ASNE bylaws state: "The president, vice president and secretary shall be elected by the board of directors from its membership at the first meeting following the election of directors. The treasurer shall be elected by the board from its membership at the fall board meeting but will not assume office until the first meeting following the next election of directors. Each officer shall serve for a term of one year."
The ASNE board of directors is elected by ASNE members.
From the bylaws, "The board of directors, whose duties shall begin immediately following their election, shall be composed of not more than 22 persons:
- the four officers – president, vice president, secretary and treasurer;
- not more than 15 members elected by the membership;
- up to 2 members appointed from time to time by the president of the Society, subject to approval of the elected members of the Board of Directors; and
- the immediate past president of the Society, who shall serve in an ex officio capacity for one year following the expiration of his or her term as president.