The American Society of News Editors is dedicated to the leadership of American journalism. It is committed to fostering the public discourse essential to democracy; helping editors maintain the highest standards of quality, improve their craft and better serve their communities; and preserving and promoting core journalistic values, while embracing and exploring change.
ASNE's priorities are:
- To protect First Amendment rights and enhance the free flow of information.
- To drive the quest for diversity and inclusion in the workplace and in news content across all platforms.
- To promote the news media's role in providing information necessary to the informed practice of citizenship.
- To encourage innovation and celebrate creativity in news organizations.
- To respect and encourage the involvement of all its members.
Strategies for accomplishing the mission
Share best practices from newsrooms from all sizes